Information last updated
Some of the more inexpensive accommodation alternatives in Turku are:
Youth Travel Information Point & Cafe
Address: Nuorisokeskus Palatsi,
Eerikinkatu 7, Turku
Tel: +358 2 262 3129 or +358 2 251 5033
- Open 24 hours, but you have to check in before ten o'clock in the
- For adults also.
- Bed for a night costs 50 FIM (9 USD) with bed sheets or 40 FIM (7 USD)
if you bring your own.
- Separate rooms for men and women.
- Internet connection, bike renting, shower, kitchen, TV room, snooker
- Few places left (July 12) so reserve yours as soon as possible!
Turku City Hostel
Address: Linnankatu 39, Turku
Tel: +358 2 231 6578
- Bed in the common room costs 60 FIM (11 USD) if you bring your own bed
sheets, or 110 FIM (20 USD) including bed sheets and breakfast.
- A room for four costs 70 FIM (13 USD) for each customer, or 120 FIM
(22 USD) for each customer including bed sheets and breakfast.
- If you have your own room, you can arrive whenever you wish. If you
have a bed in the common room, you cannot enter after midnight.
However, if there are enough Finncon participants, the hostel will
organise a separate room for them. In this case, they can be more
flexible about the time of arrival -- therefore, you should mention
Finncon when you make a reservation.
- There are only few vacancies left (July 12). Therefore you should act quickly!
Finncon will organise free lodging for those who don't expect too much.
The place is a building located at the Student Village of Turku. The place
has a kitchen, but no shower (although there will be a shower and sauna
available for a couple of hours on Sunday morning). You should bring your
own sleeping bags,
pillows and other necessary equipment. There is only a limited amount of
space available, and so you should reserve a place in advance.
Reservations should be directed by e-mail to
email@example.com or by telephone to Elsa
Viljamaa, +358 50 366 6317 or to Tuomas Varvikko, +358 50 358 8824.
Your reservation should include names and telephone numbers of all the
visitors for whom you are making the reservation. If you have an e-mail
address, please include that too.
More information can be obtained from the City of Turku Tourist
Address: Aurakatu 4, Turku
Tel: +358 2 262 7444, Fax: +358 2 233 6488